While we are handling the effects of COVID-19, our salon is following very strict safety practices. Our #1 goal is to provide a safe and sanitary environment to prevent the spread Please read what we are doing in the salon, what we are asking of our guests, and lastly, verify you are well enough for this appointment.
- Properly sanitize and disinfect all tools and entire station in between each client.
- Use a clean cape, towels, smocks and brushes for each client.
- Wash all dirty linens and capes daily in high heat.
- High contact areas and bathrooms cleaned frequently.
- Increased ventilation and airflow when possible.
- BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, no walk in's.
- Clients will wash hands upon entering and hand sanitizer will be available at enterance and at each station to use as often as you feel necessary.
- We will all wear masks.
- A forehead thermometer will be available and may be used to check temperatures upon entering. We can refuse service if a client has a fever.
- Our coffee and tea bar is temporarily closed. But are offering refreshments to-go!
- Seating area is closed, please text us when you arrive and once we have cleaned and sanitized after our last client, we will let you know when you can come in. This will eliminate having multiple people in the salon at one time.
- Conversations will be limited where possible, especially when performing services. (crazy, we know! But a lot of talking while wearing a mask may get tricky!)
- Shampoo sinks will be a ‘no talking zone’ and you will have a towel placed over your face during the wash.
- Blow-drys are allowed; but with the PPE we will be wearing and for the safety of ourselves and our guests, we reserve the right to take it day by day; and at anytime we may cancel your blow-dry. In lieu of a blow dry, we may offer an in salon treatment for you to go home with and rinse out later.
- At this time, we are not offering any waxing services or keratin treatments.
- If you have experienced symptoms or if a family member has been quarantined, please be up front and honest with us and cancel your appointment ahead of time.
-No children, unless they are able to enter the salon by themselves, unaccompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Come to your appointment with clean, dry hair.
- Come to your appointment by yourself, no children, friends, family or significant others. Any extra people must wait in the car. Parents; please schedule your appointments for when you have child care.
- Minimize the items you bring in with you to only your phone, keys and wallet.
- You are required to wear a face mask during your entire appointment. The mask MUST wrap around your ears (not your head). Please bring your own mask with you, disposable masks will be available to purchase for $5 each. (limited supply) We will do our best to protect your masks during your services from water and color, however we will not be responsible for any damage or stains that may occur.
- We ask that you consume all food and beverages before entering the salon, to eliminate mask removal.
- Do not touch any of the retail products on the shelves, if you are looking to purchase any products, we will assist you.
- Please, stay in your car. You will receive a text message 30 minutes before your appointment time. When you arrive, respond to the message to CHECK IN. Once the salon is clean and sanitized from the client before you, we will text you to let you know it is safe to enter the salon!
- Since it has been some time since your last color appointment and you have longer roots, there may be an increase in price, depending on the amount of color and bowls that will be used.
- We ask that you please understand that your first appointment will likely not be a huge transformation. If you are looking to completely change your color, this appointment will not be the time. We will not be doing any color corrections at this time. Unfortunately, with the amount of clients we need to reschedule, we are doing our best to keep the time you spend in the salon as minimal as possible.
I knowingly and willingly consent to having hair salon services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To prevent the spread of contagious viruses and to help protect each other, I understand that I will have to follow the salon’s COVID-19 safety protocols.
I understand that the CDC, OSHA, The State of Connecticut Department of Health and the Quinnipiac Valley Health Department recommend social distancing at least 6 feet; which is not possible while performing services at the salon.
I understand that due to the frequency of visits of other clients, the characteristics of the virus, and the close proximity to others while having salon services, that I have elevated the risk of contracting the virus by merely being at the salon.
I verify that I have NOT traveled outside Connecticut in the last 14 days.
I verify that I am currently NOT in quarantine or isolation due to potential exposure to COVID-19.
I confirm that I have NOT had the following symptoms in the past 14 days: FEVER, TEMPERATURE, SHORTNESS OF BREATH, LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL, DRY COUGH, RUNNY NOSE or SORE THROAT.
I have read all of Christopher Michael the Salon’s policies and procedures in regards to safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. I agree to adhere to the client guidelines described above. I understand Christopher Michael the Salon is doing their part to provide safe services to their guests. I understand all the above and completed this consent form truthfully.
Copyright © 2022 Christopher Michael the Salon - All Rights Reserved.
YOUR ECO-FRIENDLY HAIR HOME